Things to see and do…
There is plenty to do and see but first you will probably need to have a well-earned rest by the pool or perhaps spend time reading on the private terrace.After a day out exploring some of the many things on offer, you can chill out in the pool and have your aperitifs on the terrace
Place to visitLess than 2 minutes away :
- Roquecor (www.coll82.com), a lively little village with a café, a little supermarket, providing fresh bread, a Sunday market, an art gallery(www.grenier-aux-artistes.com), a restored windmill, a church built of white Quercy stone and attractive narrow lanes all brimming with flowers.
- The little lake at Peyralade, the surrounding countryside and the stream, “La petite Séoune”.
- Typical local villages such as Montaigu de Quercy, Beauville or Bourg de Visa.
- The bastide town of Tournon d’Agenais.
- The mediaeval fortified town of Penne d’Agenais and the footpath of St. Jaques de Compostelle
- The towns of Montcuq (cf the sketch http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2se8b_le-petit-rapporteur-daniel-prevost_fun) , Puy L’Evêque (www.puy-leveque.fr) , Montpezat de Quercy…
- The bastides of Lauzerte (www.lauzerte-tourisme.fr) and Monflanquin (classed as one of the most beautiful villages in France (plus beaux villages de France))
- The superb mediaeval château of Bonaguil (http://www.chateau-bonaguil.com/).
- Moissac, its famous abbey and cloisters (http://tourisme.moissac.fr/abbaye-moissac/).
- The village of Auvillar, which is also classed as a « plus beau village de France » and holds an annual potters’ market the second weekend of October. (www.auvillar.com)
- An abundance of local markets, full of life and colour. (Roquecor, Montcuq, Monsompron Libos, Montaigu de Quercy, Monflanquin etc…).Here you will find all the ingredients invaluable to the famous gastronomy of the area. (foie gras, local wine , duck confit, truffles, fruit and vegetables).Consult this site for information on local produce : www.cadurques.net
- The towns of Agen and Villeneuve sur Lot
Discover the beautiful scenery along the river Lot.
- The vineyards of Cahors .
- The bastide town of Villeréal ,the medieval city of Bruniquel (« plus beau village de France »), the towns of Cahors and Montauban.
- The Tarn and Garonne (www.tourisme82.com)
- The Dordogne (www.best-of-perigord.tm.fr)
- The Gers (www.visite.tourisme-gers.com)
- The Lot (www.tourisme-lot.com)
- The Tarn (www.tourisme-tarn.com)
- Astaffort ( with its guitar festival, home to Francis Cabrel)
A day trip but well worth it !Toulouse capital of the MidiPyrenees region and known as the pink city because of the colour of the old stone. Roquemadour– a village perched high up on the cliffs with astounding views- Saint Cirq-Lapopie – le Gouffre de Padirac with its cave and underground river – prehistoric caves at Lascaux II and at Pech-Merle – Sarlat-la-Canéda – Bergerac – the vineyards of the Bordeaux region – Albi (ranked among the 911 top sites) The Toulouse Lautrec museum …) – the Tarn Gorge – the Aveyron Gorge – the Canal du Midi. Carcassonne, Bordeaux, the Pyrenees and the Atlantic Ocean are all about 2 to 2 ½ hours away. ……………………….. For more information on the Midi Pyrenées region (Occitanie), please see the following websites: www.tourisme-midi-pyrenees.com For information on the New Aquitaine region www.tourisme-aquitaine.fr
On site you will find
- A large communal swimming pool (12x6m) with an alarm conforming to French standards but without surveillance
- A trampoline
- Table football, a billiard table, a table tennis table and a games area in the shade of the barn.
Less than 2 minutes away
- Numerous signposted footpaths
- Cycle routes for mountain bikes
- Good cycle routes
- Fishing (trout lakes replenished in March)
- Read your paper on the terrace of the café in Roquecor or catch one of the evening concerts there. (www.caferoquecor.com)
- Profiter de votre séjour pour faire une séance de Magnétisme, d’Auriculothérapie ou de Radiesthésie. On vient voir Jacques de très loin www.jacques-marie.fr
Less than 15 minutes away
The lake at Montaigu de Quercy with a lifeguard, a sandy beach, water slides, pedalos, mini golf and children’s play area
- Tennis courts at Valeilles and Montaigu de Quercy
- Riding at the St Beauzeil riding centre (www.sigbell.fr).
- Riding at Lacour de Visa (www.domainedelauzinie.com).
- Other walks and cycle routes (www.rqb.jimdo.com)
- Quad biking organised all year round (www.passion-quad.net)
- L’Aubergade at Puymirol – a restaurant with 2 Michelin stars (Michel Trama )
- Jazz concerts at Tournon d’Agenais ( Blues Station )
- Several golf courses (golf des Roucous at Sauveterre (82110)),
Canoeing, kayaking, water skiing, boat hire and trips etc. on the River Lot.
- Parachuting at Bouloc. www.bouloc-skydive.com
- Hot air ballon rides
- Discover the numerous markets typical of this area, with all the local products for which the south east is renowned. (foie gras, truffles, Cahors wine, duck confit etc etc…). Markets at Monflanquin, Montcuq, Montaigu de Quercy to name but a few.
- Parc Walibi Theme park (5kms south of Agen) : www.walibi.com/sud-ouest/fr-fr/decouvrez-le-parc
- Tree climbing and attractions at Parc en ciel at Lacapelle Biron: www.parc-en-ciel.com
- Tree climbing activities and adventure park at Montech: www.agrip-aventure.fr
- Enjoy the festivals in the Gers (jazz at Marciac, Tempo Latino at Vic Fezensac)
- Ski in the Pyrénées
- Swim in the Atlantic.